Sharing RulesLast Updated: June 12, 2018
Sharing Rules are used to configure data sharing rules across users in role hierarchy. In RepBox, the default access for CRM records is set to public, which enables everyone to see all records. When sharing rules are set to private, users can only view records assigned to them and records of users below them in role hierarchy. Sharing Rules also help you to set custom sharing rules to share data with specific role, role and subordinate, and group.
Notes! Admin users can view all records irrespective of roles, profiles and sharing rules
Sharing Rules enables you to configure following permissions across users in RepBox.
Configuring organization-wide sharing rules
This feature enables you to configure sharing rules across your organization. The default sharing rules offered by RepBox are set to Public. However, you can change the sharing rules according to your requirements.
Follow a few simple steps to configure sharing rules
- Click gear icon in the upper right
- Click CRM Settings
- Click 'User and Access Control' drop-down
- Click Sharing Rules. You can click on pin icon next to it to add a shortcut to your settings home page
- Click radio buttons to configure new set of sharing rules
- Click Apply New Sharing Rules to update changes
* Click on Apply New Sharing Rules button after making modifications. If not, your changes will not be affected.
Setting up custom sharing rules
Custom sharing rules are used to allow subordinates to perform operations on superiors' records. In other words, you, as a user on upper hierarchy, can grant access to your subordinates to view your records. This can also be achieved by setting up Sharing Rules to Public, but the intention here is to only grant access to selected group, role and, role and subordinates that are below you in role hierarchy.
For instance, Sales Manager is on a role hierarchy above Sales Person. As sharing rules are set to private, Sales Manager can view Sales Person's records but not the other way around. Sales Manager wants to give access on his records to his Sales Person. Now setting sharing rules to Public will let everyone view Sales Manager's records. Setting up custom sharing rules gives Sales Manager the flexibility to exclusively grant access to Sales Person role.
Follow a few simple steps to define custom sharing rules:
- In Sharing Rules view, click drop-down under 'Advanced Sharing Rules' tab
- Click Add Custom Rule button
- Select a value to specify whose records should be accessed (Superior)
- Select a value to specify who will be accessing the records of superior (Subordinate)
- Select privileges that users have on records
4. Click Save to update changes
Similarly, you can configure custom sharing rules to share data with role, roles and subordinates and group.
* You will have to define custom sharing rules for every module individually.